Pre-School Progress Report: Dragonfly Class Grade 0

Assessment Indicators:

NA - Not yet achieved, functioning below desired level
A - achieved, attained desired level
PA - partially achieved, monitor carefully / Still developing
OA - outstanding achievement, exceeded desired level

LITERACY

Listening:
I enjoy listening to stories and am able to note details and to sequence events - A
I am able to listen to simple instructions and to respond appropriately - A
I am able to recognise differences between environmental sounds - A

Speaking:
I am able to ask and answer questions, using full sentences - A
I am able to participate confidently in group discussions - OA

Reading & Viewing:
I am able to recognise a picture or figure from the back ground - A
I am learning good reading behaviour and to use pictures to understand stories - A
I am able to identify some sounds in words - A

Writing:
I am able to use various ways to practise correct letter formation, with increasing control - A
I am able to draw a picture to convey a message - A

Thinking & Reasoning:
I am able to search for explanations when investigating and exploring new concepts - PA

Comments - Dylan still displays appropriate listening behaviour. He becomes very exited when answering questions. He is able to answer in full sentences. He loves helping other children when they don't know the answer, with hand up and waiting his turn. He enjoys reading books and is able to name some initial sounds in words. He understands and can identify many of the alphabet letters which we have learnt so far. Dylan has improved with writing his name but is still not using the correct letter formation. He needs to practise his name using correct formation. He holds his pencil confidently using the correct grip.

MATHEMATICS

Numbers, Operations Relationships:
I am able to recognise, name and write numerals 1-6 - A
I'm able to solve practical addition problems with single digit numbers using concrete objects - A

Pattern:
I am able to create my own patterns using concrete objects or drawings - A

Shape and Space:
I am able to identify 3D objects in my environment - PA
I am able to recognise symmetry in myself and my environment - A

Measurement:
I am able to understand sequencing of events - A
I am able to use appropriate measuring units in a variety of contexts - PA

Data handling:
I am able to collect, sort and represent data in order to draw conclusions - PA

Comments - Dylan enjoys the mathematical concepts. He has a good understanding of numbers 1-6 and their relations. Dylan works well at creating his own patterns using numbers, objects and symbols. He is starting to identify 3D objects in the environment. He is able to recognise symmetry in himself and in the environment.

LIFE ORIENTATION

Social development:
I am able to build friendships – A
I am able to share and take turns, showing respect for others and their property – A

Personal development:
I am able to be independent – A
I am starting to verbalise my feelings – A

Physical development:
I am able to use available space safely to execute movements – A
I explore different ways to become locomotive, involving direction, space and pattern – A
I explore different ways to balance and elevate on combined apparatus – A
I am able to manipulate scissors, toys and various media successfully – A

Knowledge & understanding of the World:
I am able to ask and answer questions about objects to compare and discuss changes that have occurred – A
I am able to construct items using different techniques and materials – A
I am able to observe and comment on the local environment, considering the impact that I have on it – A

Arts and Culture:
I am able to use a wide variety of art materials, techniques and colour to create images of my own world – A
I am able to tell stories about my art work – A
I am able to express moods and feelings through movement – A
I am able to respond appropriately to music concepts through body and instrument percussion - A

Comments - Dylan has made some good friends. He knows how to share and take turns but he can be nasty towards them at times. He does later make it up to them. Dylan enjoys an active and busy day at school. Dylan has improved tremendously with his work. He now takes pride in his tasks and takes his time in completing them. His work is of a very pleasing standard. Well done Dylan with your achievement.
Dylan thrives on class discussions, and he always has something good to add.

TEACHER'S COMMENTS

Dylan is a very polite young man. Hê knows and is determined to achieve anything hê puts his mind to. What an improvement. Hê knows and understands the class rules and conforms to them very well.
Well done Dylan my boy. I am very proud of you. Please keep up the good work!
L. Botha – Principal
J.W. Engelbrecht

Well done once again Knight Dylan - you continue to make us all proud!

Comments

Popular Posts