Spikey gets a call from The Dude

Monday, 18 Feb 2013. Spikey and his dad spends the WHOLE day in the Louis pasteur hospital, where his dad gets to do a Barium swallow (A barium swallow (or esophagography) is a medical imaging procedure used to examine the upper GI (gastrointestinal) tract, which includes the esophagus and, to a lesser extent, the stomach.).

We went in at 9 and walked out at quarter to 6 that evening.  Talk about GATVOL. Unbelievably gatvol. Sitting in a hospital the whole day long with nothing to do will drive any sane person to pills.

And it was right at that time, after 5 in the afternoon, when I was really sick and tired, when my phone rang, and it was my Dude on the line.

Dylan - "Spikey, is your fridge running?" (Now this is an old joke, so  I immediately knew what Mr Schmuck was up to, but decided to play along - let him have his fun with me it's worth it)

Spikey - "Not sure dude"

Dylan - "Maybe you must check?"

Spikey - "Ok gimme a second"

Spikey - "Yip, it's running all right, why?"

Dylan, realising that he caught me so he immediately starts laughing like a little squirrel - "Well you should catch it before it runs away!!!"

Ah we shared such a good laugh then. It felt so damn good dude - you can never know just how that phone call of yours lifted my sagging spirit - talk about being the right person at the right time!

I love you for that. You are my little hero. You and your bwother both. Go Dudes!!


Comments

Popular Posts